For P & C News please visit our News Section of the website.
Homebush Boys High School Parents and Citizens’ Association
A Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) association is a school membership based organization consisting of parents, teachers and citizens with an interest in a public school. P&C members and school staff work in partnership to advance the best interests of a school.
Membership of the Homebush Boys High School P&C enables you to become more involved with our school. We encourage your contributions in strengthening the “Bushy Boys” community.
The Homebush Boys High School Parents and Citizens’ (P&C) meetings provide an opportunity to:
- Engage more with the school
- Be informed about school policies
- Develop a partnership with the school
- Meet other parents and carers
- Learn from the School Principal and Deputies
- Come together and contribute in an open and inclusive forum
- Foster supportive relationships with the school community
- Promote the interests of the school by bringing parents citizens, students and teaching staff into close co-operation
- Create opportunities to further engage with parents and carers of NESB
- Work with the Principal and members of the parent and citizens community
- Assist the school in providing facilities and equipment for the school
- Contribute to the welfare of the students at the school.
When do P&C meet?
- 7:00-9:00 pm in the school’s staff common room
3rd Tuesday of each month during school term
Meeting dates for 2017 are:
What do we discuss?
The meetings are informative and relevant and usually include:
- Discussion on a topic of interest
- Opportunity to talk to other parents
Presentations from School representatives on key activities, events, issues and general business.
Potential topics for 2017 include:
- Cyber safety
- Curriculum overview – Mathematics/Science
- Confucius Classroom
- GONSKI campaign & funding
- Student well-being: Anti-bullying and resilience strategies; supporting students to develop their confidence and self-esteem
- Professional development for staff at HBHS
- HBHS – the physical school environment & buildings
- Student Positive Behaviour Policy at HBHS
- Community liaison and building relationships with Non-English speaking background parents
- Student services, volunteerism and extracurricular opportunities such as the Duke of Edinburgh Award
P&C members coordinate and drive a number of significant school events including:
- Citizenship Ceremonies at Strathfield Council
- Fundraising activities
- Instrumental Music Programme
- Working bees
Meeting new parents at Orientation and Information Days.
2017 Executive Committee:
Vice Presidents :
|Valerie Knezevic & Mark Burfield|
Citizenship Ceremony Coordinator:
Amy Gock &
Homebush Boys High School Parents and Citizens’ Association (HBHS P&C)