Application for Non-Local Enrolment
The learning spaces at the school limit enrolments to approximately 1200. Thus an average number in each year of approximately 200 is desirable. For students coming into our school for Year 7 please see our Expression of Interest Form & Information Guide for more details.
Applicants will be asked to establish Proof of Residency, Visa Status or Australian Citizenship.
Students should attend the school which they can most easily and safely access. Homebush Boys High School will consider non local enrolments only where current enrolments are below the ‘ceiling’ and allowing at least 5% buffer zone for new local enrolments.
Non-local applications will be considered according to the following criteria:-
- Siblings already enrolled at the school
- Availability of subjects, combinations of subjects or specific school courses including Mandarin or Korean Languages
- Safety and supervision of the student (or sibling) before and after school
- Compassionate reasons
- Preference for a single sex boy’s school
- Proximity and access to the school
- ‘Old boys’ connection
- Symphonia Jubilate
- Access to Australian Youth Football Institute
All non-local students are enrolled with the parent signing an undertaking that their son/guardian will abide by the schools “Fair Discipline Code, Safety, Learning and Respect Matrix”, including the school uniform policy. If the student cannot meet this requirement he may be required to leave the school. In the case of the transition from Year 6 into Year 7, an enrolment panel chaired by the Principal will determine placements.