- dTpa vaccine (Diphtheria, Tetanus & Pertussis (whooping cough)) as a single dose
- varicella vaccine (chickenpox) as a single dose; and
- human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in a 3-dose schedule at 0, 2 and 6 months (students who commence HPV vaccination in Year 7 but do not complete the course may be offered catch-up doses at school in Year 8)
Parent Information Kits will be sent home to parents/guardians. To consent to the vaccination of their child, parents/guardians are advised to:
- Read all the information provided
- Complete the consent form, including signing their name next to the vaccine/s they would like their child to receive
- Return the completed consent form to the Front Office ASAP
- Ensure that their child eats breakfast on the day of the school vaccination clinic
The first visit for Homebush Boys High School is: Thursday 23rd March, 2017
To improve vaccination completion, students will be opportunistically offered any missed doses throughout the year where possible.
Parents/guardians who wish to withdraw their consent for any reason may do so by writing to the school Principal or phoning the school. The Procedure for Withdrawal of Consent is available on the NSW Health website at http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/immunisation.
A Record of Vaccination will be provided to each student vaccinated at each clinic. Parents/guardians should ensure that this record is kept for future reference and should not assume that their child has been vaccinated if they do not receive this Record of
John G Kennedy